f

Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Investment Portfolio (Jan 2008)

It had been a volatile month. The way the market moves this month can be summarized in one word - Noise. Imagine STI moving up and down 100 points every day. Those traders must have been having heart attack by just looking at intra-day charts of their stock holdings.

For long term investors like me, this month had been a good opportunity to pick up some bargains. In fact, the dividend collected for this month is not very high for me, due to most companies having December year end reporting results in January and Feburary. Therefore, I missed the chance to pick up more bargains by staying fully invested at all times. But diversification helps me to limit my downside risk this month and I certainly appreciate the merits of having a diversified portfolio during these volatile times.

The highlight of this month had to be the takeover offers for Straits Trading, Ascott and Robinsons. Interesting bidding war is going on at Straits Trading and maybe even Robinsons. I will hold my shares in these companies tightly and see how it goes. I have also received takeover offers for Frontline, Vantage and International Capital Limited. But these companies are not my major holdings and so I will not elaborate them here.

Going forward, the market is expected to remain volatile. I will still stick to value investing in these kind of market, while waiting to collect more dividends in Feburary from companies having September year-end and holding their AGMs this month. Dividends from names like Cerebos Pacific, F&N and most REITs etc will provide the much-needed funds for me to continue to bottom-pick in the market during Feburary.

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 31 January 2008)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. Raffles Education Corp
2. Cosco Corp
3. SGX
4. Noble Group
5. Jaya Holdings
6. A-REIT
7. SembCorp Marine
8. Jardine C&C
9. Sincere Watch
10. KS Energy
11. CapitaMall Trust
12. Keppel Corp
13. Straits Trading
14. F&N
15. Guocoland
16. SPC
17. ComfortDelgro
18. Keppel Land
19. CapitaLand
20. Bukit Sembawang Estates
21. Hersing
22. Tat Hong
23. Wheelock Properties
24. Parkway Holdings
25. Unisteel Technology
26. Food Empire
27. Inter-Roller Engineering
28. SembCorp Industries
29. Cerebos Pacific
30. CapitaCommercial Trust

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Hong Kong Land
3. Dairy Farm
4. Mandarin Oriental
5. Pacific Shipping Trust

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Tan Chong International
2. Fortune REIT

Top Holding (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AV Jennings

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. SBS Transit

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger