f

Monday, April 05, 2010

What Stocks to Buy? Have You Been Buying Stocks?

Dear readers,

I always get these two questions - "What Stocks to Buy?" and "Have You Been Buying Stocks?" lately from some of my friends and I am getting sick of answering them. Basically, my answer is very simple nowadays - "Read my blog". Yes, I will not be answering these questions directly at my blog here too. :)

These kind of questions often pops out when one does not have an investment plan. It is very risky to buy based on other people's recomendations, because each person have different investment objective, holding period, experience in selecting stocks etc. What is good for me might not be good for you, and it is best that one does his/her own homework and invest based on his/her investment objective. I can share with you my views on a certain stock, but I will not be recommending people to follow me. Because eventually, you are the one who will be putting money into that investment and you have to be responsible for your own actions.

I guess it is good to really have an investment plan because it serves as a guide for your investment action. And if one can relate his/her investment action back to the plan, then it is the first step towards successful investing.

So readers, do take action now and secure your own financial future through prudent investing.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger athulican said...

So let me ask, what stocks to sell? And have you been selling?

11:25 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi kanglc,

Nope. I have not been selling any stocks in my portfolio lately. Selling will be based on my investment objective, and not based on market action.

There is no need for me to sell any stocks at this moment, though for general offers or delisting exit offer, I have no choice but to sell out.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

If I were your personal friend, I would like to ask what investment pitfalls I should be aware in picking and purchasing SGX-listed stocks.

I would not ask you what stocks to buy? The reasons are a few and simple.

1. I might not like the business.

2. The price range is way
beyond my purchasing power.

3. My preference and perception
of the stock I wish to hold
in my portfolio.

8:49 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Everlearning,

From the questions that you asked, I can sense that you are a better investor than most of my friends out there.

Yes, there are a lot of pitfalls when investing in SGX-listed stocks. Some of those including risk of company being delisted at a low exit offer price, accounting frauds, corporate governance issues etc.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger