f

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Investment Portfolio (December 2010)

How time files! It is the last day of 2010.

STI is quiet this month and it is expected as most investors are closing their books. Not much news flow too in the market.

For my top 30 stock holdings, there are not much changes this month except for a new entry - Metro Holdings. I have converted its warrants to shares near the end of last month. Thomson Medical Centre had been removed from the list, pending compulsory acquisition by the offeror.

For this month, I have accepted the delisting offer for IDT Holdings. I have also participated in the following scrip dividend scheme - SP AusNet, Tat Sin Electric and 2nd Chance Properties.

I have bought the following companies from the open market this month - AsiaMedic, Aspial, BBR Holdings, BH Global, BRC Asia, Casa Holdings, Chosen, Chuan Hup, Dynamic Colours, Guthrie GTS, Hotel Grand Central, Intraco, Isetan, LHT Holdings, Lion Teck Chiang, Matex, Metro Holdings, Miyoshi, Nam Lee, Noel Gifts, Ossia, PCI, PM Data, Stamford Tyres, Superbowl and TMC Education. I have subscribed to the following rights issues - BioTreat, First REIT, ISDN, LC Dev, Pan Asian Water and Transcu Group.

I have converted the following company warrants to shares - Goodpack and Informatics.

Wishing all readers a Happy New Year!

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 31 December 2010)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. Noble Group
2. SGX
3. Jardine C&C
4. F&N
5. SembCorp Marine
6. KepLand
7. A-REIT
8. CapitaMall Trust
9. OSIM International
10. Cosco Corp
11. Bukit Sembawang Estates
12. Viz Branz
13. K-REIT Asia
14. CapitaCommercial Trust
15. Metro Holdings
16. CapitaLand
17. Transpac Industrial Holdings
18. Pacific Andes
19. CDL H-Trust
20. Wheelock Properties
21. Keppel Corp
22. OCBC Bank
23. Genting Singapore PLC
24. Low Keng Huat
25. CitySpring Infrastructure Trust
26. ComfortDelgro
27. Ascott REIT
28. Hong Leong Finance
29. Raffles Education Corp
30. VICOM

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Hong Kong Land
4. Jardine Matheson
5. Mandarin Oriental

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Fortune REIT
2. Tan Chong International

Top Holding (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AV Jennings
2. AustLand PG

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. Streettracks STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. SingTel

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio (listed on SEHK)
1. Peace Mark Holdings

My Unlisted Company Portfolio
1. Automated Touchstone Machines Ltd
2. Iconic Global Limited
3. Greatronic Limited
4. China Printing & Dyeing Holdings
5. General Magnetics
6. Fastech Synergy
7. Beauty China
8. Memory Devices
9. Jurong Tech
10. FM Holdings

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger ZhuKoLiang said...

ooo, cool...

next year leh? next year any outlook?

u know those tv programmes on business news, usually the reporter will ask the 'expert' on his views on next year? whether market will go up or down?

and then this 'expert' will usually say a lot of thing... like next year more challenging bla bla, inflation problem, problem, becareful, we hold a optimistic view, etc... and after i hear the 'expert' talk so long, to me, he DID NOT ANSWER to the question on whether market will up or down..

hahahahahahaha

6:25 AM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

I notice that you have Transcu holdings in your portfolio and you probably had taken the rights issue.

Could you explain to me about the warrant that comes with it? I am vested and last week I took up the rights and also applied some excess rights. What am I supposed to do with the warrants?

10:51 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Everlearning,

Transcu Holdings was in my portfolio not by choice. If you had followed it previously, it is a company formed due to RTO of Eng Wah.

Anyway, on the issue of warrants, they do have limited lifespan and you can exercise them on or before expiry by paying the exercise price to convert to shares. Alternatively, you may choose to sell them in the market just like what you did for ordinary shares.

Do take note that company warrants will become worthless if you don't do anything to them on expiry. Which means, you got to either sell them or convert them to mother shares. Of course, if the share price of the stock is lower than the exercise price of the warrant, there is no reason for you to convert and in this case, you either have to let it expire or try to sell it in the market before expiry.

9:05 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi newbie_george,

My piece of investment strategy for 2011 had been posted. Check it out and I welcome any feedback from you. :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

Sorry to trouble you again, regarding this particular warrants given by Transu holdings, my understanding is that I am to pay for $0.02 for each rights share (which I did).

However, the warrants are priced differently, $0.04 per one rights share subscribed. I wanted to exercise them when I applied through the ATM but the warrants did not appear on the screen.

Now, have I lost the chance of exercising the warrants? Is there an expiry date given for this?

9:58 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Everlearning,

You cannot exercise something that had not been allocated to you yet. In this case, you are applying for the rights shares cum detachable warrants via the ATM. Those shares and warrants had not been given to you yet. You need to wait for the results of the rights issue for those warrants to be credited to your CDP account before you can exercise them.

By the way, you can't exercise warrants via ATM. You have to submit a completed form, attach a cashier's order and send it back to the warrant agent.

The warrants have a lifespan of 24 months and can be exercised anytime from the issue date.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

Thanks for clarifying this matter and I believe I am more informed now than before and should be able to respond with some assurance in the future.

11:52 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Everlearning,

No problem. We are here to learn from each other.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

I just checked my CDP account and noticed that I have Transcu
W130109, 10 lots.

I presume this must be the warrants that came with the rights subscription.

Do I need to pay for them now or later?

5:33 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Everlearning,

What do you mean by paying for them now or later? Those warrants comes free with rights shares. You do not have to pay anything more to hold those warrants.

However, if you wish to exercise those warrants and convert to shares, you have to pay the exercise price. You can convert anytime from now till expiry date (i.e. 9/1/2013)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

Thanks for replying.

I don't think I understood it. Somehow, I do need your guidance to get a clearer picture.

Say, I am interested to exercise these warrants (10 lots), how much is the exercise price?

6:59 PM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

I called up the warrant agent, asking for the exerice form to be mailed to me.

She has given me some specific instructions how to go about doing it.

Hopefully, through this process I will learn the intricacy that goes along with stock investments.

2:12 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Everlearning,

The exercise price is 4cts.

You can always visit SGX website for warrant information:
http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/marketplace/mp-en/listed_companies_info/warrant_all-in-one_info

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger