f

Monday, October 01, 2012

My Investment Portfolio (September 2012)

September 2012 is quite a reasonable month for investors, thanks to Fed's QE3 announcement. STI managed to finish above 3000 points. There had also been a re-rating in property and construction related counters. Offshore related counters also had a good run.

For this month, I have attended the following AGMs/EGMs/briefings - Lantrovision, Hafary, SGX, New Lakeside, Lian Beng, TEE International and F&N.

For my top 30 holdings, Hotel Grand Central is a new entry as I have accumulated the stock this month and also partly due to its share price appreciation. Otherwise, there is not much changes to the list.

I have bought the following companies from the market this month - Auric Pacific, Bonvests, Bukit Sembawang, Casa Holdings, EnGro Corp, GK Goh, Haw Par, Heeton, Hiap Hoe, Hong Leong Finance, Hotel Grand Central, Hong Fok, HupSteel, Keppel T&T, Koyo, LC Development, Lion Teck Chiang, Low Keng Huat, Popular, SC Global, SmartFlex Holdings, Singapore Reinsurance, Stamford Land, Straits Trading, Tiong Woon, Venture and WBL Corp. I have also done one sell trade this month - Oceanus.

I have accepted the following voluntary cash offers - Hersing and Luye Pharma Group. I have also subscribed to the following rights issue - Metal Component Engineering.

I have converted the following warrants to shares - Ntegrator International. I have also participated in the following scrip dividend schemes - AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT, Cambridge REIT and MTQ Corp.

It will be a busy month for me in October as I will be attending AGMs for companies with financial year ending 30 June 2012. I will also be reserving some funds for upcoming rights issues by Lantrovision and Raffles Education.

My S'pore Stock Portfolio - Top Holdings, cash investment only (correct as at 28 September 2012)

Top 30 Holdings (Sing$ Denominated shares)
1. F&N
2. Jardine C&C
3. Viz Branz
4. Aspial
5. Bukit Sembawang Estates
6. A-REIT
7. Noble Group 
8. SGX 
9. SembCorp Marine
10. APB 
11. CapitaMall Trust
12. Fragrance Group
13. UIS
14. Far East Orchard
15. Metro Holdings
16. United Engineers
17. Singapura Finance
18. Guthrie GTS   
19. Bonvests
20. Sarin Technologies
21. VICOM
22. Haw Par
23. KepLand
24. The Hour Glass
25. Wheelock Properties
26. Hong Leong Finance 
27. Transpac Industrial Holdings
28. Hotel Grand Central
29. First REIT
30. OSIM International

Top 5 Holdings (US$ Denominated shares)
1. Jardine Strategic
2. Dairy Farm
3. Hong Kong Land
4. Jardine Matheson
5. Mandarin Oriental

Top Holdings (HK$ Denominated shares)
1. Fortune REIT
2. Tan Chong International

Top Holdings (Aust$ Denominated shares)
1. AV Jennings

Top 5 Holdings (CPF OA investment)
1. Keppel Corp
2. Streettracks STI ETF
3. CapitaMall Trust
4. A-REIT
5. Challenger Technologies

My Hong Kong Stock Portfolio
1. Peace Mark Holdings - Under Voluntary Liquidation

My Unlisted Company Portfolio
1. Automated Touchstone Machines Ltd
2. Iconic Global Limited
3. Greatronic Limited
4. China Printing & Dyeing Holdings - Under Liquidation
5. General Magnetics
6. Fastech Synergy
7. Beauty China- Under Liquidation
8. Memory Devices
9. Jurong Tech
10. FM Holdings
11. Japan Land - Under Members' Voluntary Liquidation
12. Zhonghui - Under Judicial Management
13. FerroChina - Under Liquidation
14. FirstLink Investments
15. Maveric Ltd - Under Members' Voluntary Liquidation
16. NEL Group

My Unit Trust Portfolio:
http://www.fundsupermart.com/main/community/Portfolio_View.svdo?id=P199

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger JTK said...

Hi GHChua

I just wonder how you decide how many stocks to buy in one month.
What are the factors do you consider excluding Portfolio weightage?
e.g. CashFlow, PE, PB, Margin, ROE,...

I found that you bought a lot of property stocks recently. Is it because you are bullish on Singapore Property?
Bukit Sembawang, Heeton, Hiap Hoe
Hong Fok, Low Keng Huat, SC Global, Stamford Land

Can you share your view on them? And which one is your favorite?
Personally I like Heeton for consistent dividend at current price.
Bukit Sembawang and Hiap Hoe may not be cheap anymore.
Hong Fok did not pay dividend since 2007.

Thanks
JTK

6:22 AM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi JTK,

There is really no fixed amount of stocks that I decide to add onto my portfolio every month. It really depends on whether the stock is attractive at that point in time when I look at it and how much cash I can invest.

I do consider various factors like dividend yield,PB,PE,ROE etc. But for property stocks, normally I place more weight on PB and RNAV.

I do see value in most property stocks which explains why I increase my stake in some of them. Most (if not all) of them are trading way below RNAV.

I don't think Bukit Sembawang is expensive because they hold a good land bank which was bought many years ago. Hiap Hoe do have potential because of their Zhongshan Park major development and there are still some profits to be recognized on their pre-sold units of their various condo projects.

Yes, Hong Fok do not pay any dividend but I am looking at their International Building at Orchard Road which has great redevelopment potential.

Stamford Land is not really a S'pore property play. They own hotels in Australia and New Zealand.

It is difficult to state which is my favourite because I do like them which is why I bought them.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Everlearning said...

Hi ghchua,

I have never liked to make a final decision to sell any of my share counters throughout my investment journey. However, inevitably, holding on to these stocks further
could be frustrating.

Just to share a little how I initially invested in Aussino Co. I was a long-time member-cum-consumer of the retail company buying their linen products. The very moment I became a shareholder, the dividend payout stopped and then it was later placed on the Sgx watch-list.

Unbelievably, I was able to dispose this counter without losses recently. I would have held it longer if it were not so speculative and uncertain this year. On the personal note, when I could no longer understand the company's business' direction, I probably will come to a SELL decision.

It won't have been easy for you to make selling options to your various counters, simply it isn't your investment style or personality. This is just my observation that you have embarked on selling mode: to make a thorough rebalancing of your portfolio?

10:11 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi Everlearning,

I have done some selling lately to try to stabilize my portfolio. As I do not hold any job at this moment, I cannot afford to let my portfolio swing widely like last time.

Most of the stocks that I have sold offers little or no dividend, or they have huge debt not backed up by good asset base. But no, I am not embarking on a big selling mode. Just some reduction of stake in some of my counters here and there.

Yes, selling is much more difficult decision to make than buying, simply because I had been a buy and hold investor. But I do need to sell to get rid or reduce my stake in some of these counters.

7:48 AM  
Blogger faith said...

Hi GH Chua,

I noticed you have sembcorp marine as one of the top 30 stocks in your portfolio. Just puzzled why you have not bought STX OSV? Do not you think it is a value stock as well?

Thanks a million!

Faith

7:28 PM  
Blogger ghchua said...

Hi faith,

You have read my mind. I just bought an initial stake in STX OSV yesterday! Besides its potential, there is a M&A story whereby its holding company is looking to sell it as well.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi GHChua,

I am the business development director of TradeHero, an app startup, privately and VC funded.

We would like to initiate discussions with noted members of the financial community. I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me at gary(at)tradehero.mobi and I will be glad to elaborate.

Thanks!

Gary

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger