f

Saturday, September 30, 2023

My Unit Trust Asset Allocation

Dear all,

After nearly one year, I guess it is time for another update on my unit trust asset allocation. You can refer to my previous one at the link below:

https://ghchua.blogspot.com/2022/11/my-unit-trust-asset-allocation.html

For asset classes, I have done nothing much other than consistently adding onto the list of unit trusts that I had been holding for CPF Investments. I have been very defensive for the past one year or so, and therefore increased my allocation to short duration bond fund significantly. Equity allocation was down correspondingly, due mainly to its relative under performance in general and also adding onto other asset classes.

For geographic exposure, Global, Japan and US funds were the out performers in the portfolio. Since Global funds have greater exposure to US and Japan, it is understandable that they have performed well along with these markets. Laggards continued to be funds with exposure to China. Though I don't specifically hold any China funds, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan, Emerging Markets and Asia excluding Japan regional funds do have decent exposure to that market, which dragged down their performance.

Going forward, my strategy is to add onto existing funds, while continue to maintain a more defensive positioning in terms of asset allocation.

Asset Class

Equity 81.4%

Balanced 13.01%

Short Duration Bond 4.56%

Fixed Income 1.04%

Geographic

Global 19.19%

Asia Pacific Excluding Japan 16.68%

Emerging Markets 13.21%

Japan 12.13%

US 8.01%

Singapore 7.44%

Asia excluding Japan 5.6%

Europe including UK 3.2%

Taiwan 3.1%

Indonesia 3.1%

Thailand 2.93%

India 2.32%

Malaysia 1.62%

Korea 1.46%

Welcome any comments (if any) on my unit trust asset allocation.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

A self-directed investor, looking to invest for retirement needs and bypass all those expensive financial planners/insurance agents. Investing is fun, profitable or most important of all, knowledge gained is useful for the rest of your life!

Powered by Blogger